Item # 350303
I’ve had a strange attraction to bergamot ever since I opened my first bottle. Bergamot is a citrus fruit and the oil is cold-pressed from the rind or peel. Most citrus oils (like grapefruit or wild orange) tend to have a bit of a stimulating effect, but bergamot is different. It’s bright, yet calming at the same time. It’s one of the first ones I reach for when I need a bit of “emotional balancing”
Note** Bergamot is extremely photosensitive, which means it can make your skin very sensitive to the sun. Therefore, avoid applying bergamot before going outside, or only apply to covered skin.
Bergamot has a light, sweet citrusy scent. Uplifting and relaxing, it is good for building confidence and enhancing your mood. It has a long history of use for oily skin.
In Aromatherapy can be used topically:
- to help reduce the symptoms of acne or boils.
- to relieve minor skin irritation, cuts, bruises & burns.
- to experience relief from eczema and dermatitis.
- to help relieve headache.
- or inhaled when experiencing digestive discomfort can act as a carminative and antispasmodic.
- or inhaled to reduce the symptoms of cold & cough.